[Public-List] track car slides

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 08:24:52 PST 2008

When I replaced the spacer under the track on #240 about 15 years ago I used the white plastic material uses for making fences.  The stuff that looks like lath, maybe 1/4" thick and about two inches wide.  I ripped it on a table saw and drilled it with a 1/4 drill bit one hole at a time using the track as a former to insure spacing and curve.  The drill holes shrunk a hair so the bolts were a tight fit.  The stuff takes caulk well and as of last fall they spacer still looked good and was dry.

You can buy the plastic at everyone's favorite marine supply like Home Despot, or Lowes.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT35

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
George S. Patton