[Public-List] Inflatable repair tips...

Brian Palmer Bpalmer at DigitalArsenal.com
Mon Sep 1 18:06:32 PDT 2008

I need to repair my 2001 Zodiac inflatable dingy, and am hoping some of you
out there might have some expertise to assist in which product(s) to try.  I
blew a seam out where the floor attaches to the tubes at the bow to about 18
inches back on either side.  I had the dingy in a cradle right side up, and
the cover didn't keep the water out.  It filled up from a couple summer
storms, and the weight blew the floor seam out.

I don't want to pay for repair, since the cost sound like it will be fairly
high.  I'm interested to try it myself. I've found some tips online, but
each one refers to a specific product, and I want to make sure I don't use
something that doesn't work well with Zodiacs, or is overly expensive and
overkill considering the seam that went bad isn't under pressure, like an
air tube.

Any advice?

-Brian
L'Esprit #288