[Public-List] New Bottom Paint Product..............Coppercoat

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 10:57:01 PDT 2009

Mike,

I can answer one of your questions.  The product does itself act as a barrier coat, to some degree.  So it can be applied directly on a bare very clean hull, i.e., all previous coatings removed and the gelcote super cleaned with no residue.  Mfg. mentioned that if one is cleaning the hull that well why not apply the additional protection of an Epoxy barrier coat prior to the Coppercoat product?  This would be the opportune time.

I will be calling shortly so will ask about future maintenance, but I believe that one does a thorough cleaning, such as, powerwashing and then applies a new maintenance coat. Not much is supposed to grow or stick to the copper coat, even after ten years service.

Michael