[Public-List] Access to prop shaft packing gland

Stephen Sousa alberg114 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:29:57 PDT 2009

Greg,

I have the same vintage with the 2GM also. You should put a pillow over the motor or you will regret it then with two wrenches hold the stuffing box in check and loosen the nut. This is the reason I installed the dripless stuffing box, I can't stand leaning over the motor to align the shaft.

Good Luck,

Stephen