[Public-List] [Member-List] More Free charts

Janet Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Fri Dec 18 08:14:45 PST 2009

At 03:53 PM 12/17/2009, Roger L. Kingsland wrote:
>What a coincidence, I ran aground in the Wye River also.  I was over July
>4th weekend in a Bristol 30 near G"3" in Wye East.  Like you, also not my
>fault, the darn keel stuck down too far.

But, with the GPS plotter, at least you know absolutely **where* you went
aground.

>PS - Great advice on the charts; I have a DeLorme hockey puck GPS I use with
>my street atlas software.  Do you think it would work with the Sea Clear
>software or do you have to buy theirs?

Roger... There is no "theirs"; Sea Clear" is a program written by a
Scandahoovian for his own use, and later, the world's use. There's even a
Hebrew version for those interested.
You can download it at  http://www.sping.com/seaclear/  , being
non-commercial, the documentation is not too intuitive, but it's plug &
play.  Download your preferred charts from the site Jim recommended.

I believe any GPS that outputs standard NMEA in a serial or USB/serial form
will work. All my (many) GPS's do.

Cheers,
Bob