[Public-List] Rudder Bolts

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Mon Dec 21 18:54:36 PST 2009

The original drawings and specs that Whitby sent out to their metal
fabricator specify naval brass, if I remember correctly (which is not
silicon bronze).  The metal I found did not look like bronze.  It
looked like brass.  It was in good condition.

However, I would never choose brass of any type beneath the waterline,
so if I were putting in new metal it would be silicon bronze.

Rachel
ex-#221