[Public-List] Rudder Bolts

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 23 23:16:38 PST 2009

Thanks for those thoughts.  I will be replacing the bolts with Silicon Bronze as suggested.  I plan on commencing the work shortly.  I have just ordered the Spartan tiller strap and cap as I wanted to switch to an aft keyway (the one I had but broke on removal was the Edson fitting.  I am still thinking the difficulty I had in removing the rudder was due in part to the 1 1/4" rudder post.  Every time I have seen mention of the post it is referred to as 1".

I will keep you posted.

Mick