[Public-List] Mast Heads for the Alberg

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Fri Feb 20 06:17:15 PST 2009

However, some boats have internal halyards as rigged originally. So this
would not make rigging halyards internally illegal.

Infinity -
#57 (my boat) has the main rigged internally. I do not remember how the
jib is rigged. On Daybreak - #458 my other A30 both halyards were rigged
internally. Now the jib is external & the main is internal. That is
how I purchased it .

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57

Michael wrote:
> It appears from your response I have insulted, or
crossed into an area
> you feel I don't belong. If so, I
apologize. This being the public list,
> I assumed there are those
who don't have access to the rules (the
> Chesapeake Bay Assoc.
rules).

> Anyway, for the record, here goes.
>

> Part 1 Section 4 Sentence 2
> 	For the one design
purposes of the Association (paragraph 2.A.
>    above) any
alteration to hull or rigging that precludes full

	compliance with part II herof shall be reported to the

	Association Secretary by the owner, prior to or at the time such
>          alteration is made.
>
> Part 2 Section 7
sentence 1
> 	The halyards may not be altered insofar as their
character and
> points of attachment to the mast are
concerned.*

> 	*this shall not preclude leading
halyards aft.

> So, yes, I think I am on pretty solid
ground in deciding (your phrase)
> internal halyards are not
allowed, by the rules, as written. I would be
> astonished if the
rules committee allowed it, especially without
> amending part 2
rules and regulations, but of course that is a decision
> the
rules committee has authority to make.

> It was a
pretty big source of, call it conversation, years ago on the

issue of whether cunninghams should be allowed. It went on for years,
> the rules issue about...a grommet.
>
> I have to
wonder if I misinterpreted the original "internal halyard"
> post, and the sender was just referring to leading the main
halyard
> sheave differently-which, for the record, still speaks
to the rules, me
> thinks, but is a whole different animal than
running internal halyards.

> MichaelGrosh

> These businesses
support your Association: