[Public-List] Cracked masthead on first generation A-30

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jan 20 22:46:08 PST 2009

I had a bunch of holes TIG welded on Checkmate's boom and
am very happy with the results. I'm told welding weakens
aluminum, but I don't know by how much, and the Alberg's
hardware is really massively overbuilt. Of course, in my
case, nothing was weaker than air.

I'd talk with a welder who specializes in bike frames or
someone like that.

MichaelGrosh