[Public-List] GrayMarine engine question

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 18 07:08:52 PDT 2009

Good day,

I am reassembling the Sherwood water pump off our Sea Scout engine after replacing the seals and bearings.  In order to correctly install the impeller I need to know which way the engine turns.

Could one of the GrayMarine owners please tell me whether the engine flywheel turns clockwise or counter-clockwise when looking at the motor from the cabin?  I would winch the engine over on the starter except that I have it (the starter motor) removed for cleaning and drying after the pump seal failed and caused a spray of water all over the engine compartment.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh