[Public-List] Window gasketing

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Mon Mar 9 22:04:21 PDT 2009

I wasn't aware that butyl could damage acrylic plastic.  Odd, because I
first heard of it through the Plastic Classic Forum where several
members have used it on their Triton windows (which are plastic in
bronze frames).

I guess I will have to re-check that.

It is true that Lexan scratches easier than acrylic.  It's tougher
overall but more vulnerable to scratching.  You can get tempered
acrylic, which I think is stronger than regular (but have not
researched it yet).

Rachel