[Public-List] From another board

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sun May 17 05:27:04 PDT 2009

The Sand Bar

A sailor, after running aground on a sand bar, paid a passing fisherman $100 to pull him off with his boat.

After he was off the bar, he said to the fisherman, "At this price, I should think you could make a real living pulling people off, night and day."

"Can't," replied the fisherman. "At night I haul sand for the bar."

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.

-- John Adams