[Public-List] Atomic 4 Alternator woes

Brian Palmer Bpalmer at DigitalArsenal.com
Thu May 28 11:03:08 PDT 2009

My Atomic 4 alternator seems to have stopped alternating... Does anyone have
a recommended shop in the Annapolis or Chestertown area for a rebuild, or do
you recommend purchasing a new one?  If you recommend a new one, any
preferred venders?  I found one pricing at a Parts Plus (auto and marine) in
Chestertown as follows:

Mando model# 3159M 65amp - $215.99
Arco model# 60108 50amp (I think) - $261.00 (specifically mentions
replacement for Universal engines)

It is hard to read numbers off my existing alternator, but I believe this is
the specs:
Motorola  MR12N451D
Type B
N Ground