[Public-List] Cockpit Drain Seacocks

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Tue Nov 24 13:20:58 PST 2009

Oh, by the way, I used 1-1/4" seacocks.  Here was my reasoning:

Right now, the stock scupper fittings in the cockpit sole are 1-1/4",
and they were in fine shape.  So I used 1-1/4" PTH (threaded pipe to
barbed hose) connectors on the seacocks.

Now, if I ever changed the cockpit scupper fittings, I would likely go
to bronze 1-1/2" size (available from Spartan and others), and then I
could put Groco "full flow" PTH connectors on the same seacocks, and
use 1-1/2" hose to the scupper drains.  So, good for now, and with
good options for future.

Rachel