[Public-List] Tiller Head Key

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Tue Oct 13 07:25:40 PDT 2009

Roger,
On #133 the original tiller head was broken during a haul out..............don't ask. The marina used a Dremel tool to cut a keyway for the replacement Edison tiller head. They did this while all was on the boat. This was done just prior to my ownership and I have not taken it apart to see how well they did the keyway. All appears to be solid and the tiller is centered. The story I have was that the original tiller head either did not use a keyway or the keyway was on the incorrect side of the rudder stock to install the Edison part.
Michael