[Public-List] Tiller Head Key

Rick Leach rixquik at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 12:57:36 PDT 2009

All this talk about tiller heads has reminded me that although I've never had any problems, I've never felt like the rudder/tiller system is as robust as the rest of the vessel.  For arguements sake, does anyone know what bronze alloy would be the best for building a new rudder post?  McMaster-Carr has an impressive selection available in bar stock.  The description of Alloy 863 (Manganese Bronze) seems to make it a good candidate, but I'd love to hear what's already been tried with success.

Rick Leach
Sugar Magnolia, #121
Monterey, California