[Public-List] Alberg 22

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Oct 19 04:54:32 PDT 2009

An Alberg designed boat is by definition a fine sailing boat. Unfortunately,
Alberg had no control on how they were built.

Unlike the Whitby Built A-30 & 37, the Nye built 22s has mild steel framing
used in their rudders instead of bronze. As well, Nye used mild steel welded
to stainless for the encapsulated chain plates. These compromises have
started to show issues with the A-22 as they age.

It's a pity, because they are such a pretty boat.

Sorry to be a Grinch

John