[Public-List] Apres-#400 ice boxes

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Mon Aug 30 12:33:48 PDT 2010

I have removed and redone the ice box.  The top came off very easily
because the screws used had rusted out.  The box is double fibre glass
with about 1 in of very wet insulation between the skins.  there was about
1 in of space between the bulk head, settee and engine compartment and
about 3 in to the hull.  I cannot remember how much space below.  when I
rebuilt mine I reduced the size with 3 in all around with space for drink
cans between the engine and box and 6 in on the outside section for
bottles and only used 1 of the two lids.  For us this did not
significantly reduce the storage space but did reduce the on time of the
compressor to about 20% on time.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380