[Public-List] Help with Trip Planning

jay at saildriver.com jay at saildriver.com
Sat Jul 10 10:36:44 PDT 2010

Chris,

I agree with Bob.
That first 70m leg is hard. Can you split it up?
Plan on the locations where you can stop in between scheduled stops, just in case. The Cohansey River in NJ is one of them. You can anchor there or tie up to a dock. They have gas & ice.
Be very careful about timing your entrance to the C&D Canal. You want to hit it just at the end of the east-bound tide so you will have slack tide or a favorable (west-bound) tide while proceeding to Chesapeake City. The tidal current is so strong in the canal that if you hit an opposing tide it becomes very difficult to make appreciable headway.
Best wishes & enjoy your trip.

Jay Davenport
Revolution, Alberg 30 #526

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
~Samuel Adams