[Public-List] Cutlass Bearing Flange.

vmarmei vmarmei at axis-design.org
Fri Jul 23 09:50:05 PDT 2010

Anticlockwise....Facing the flange turn left
hand....This flange/housing has a right hand
thread...just like any standard Hex head
bolt....turn nut right onto a bolt nut  goes
in....turn left nut comes out. You have to hold
the brass tube from inside the boat with a pipe
wrench and turn the housing out.....you have to
break the caulking that holds the housing in
place....but NOT the gray caulking that holds the
shaft brass tube in place. Good luck and safe sailing.
Villo A30-KC