[Public-List] stove and Coleman fuel safety

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:28:48 PST 2010

Hi, Guys,

Thanks for the replies. You make good points re: being careful with Coleman
fuel stoves.  With risks in mind, I'd have to say that I feel safe using the
stove. This comes of many, many years experience with Coleman products using
that fuel, and with this stove in particular. We've had certain kinds of
irregularities occur, but feel comfortable with those rare events and have
in mind safety at all times.

We're fresh-air fantatics and keep the boat well aired always, so I'm not
worried about fumes collecting. They appear to rise and vent out the hatch,
anyway, not sink as propane does-- being easy to trace due to their nasty
odor once the stove's shut off.

Your points are well taken and worth considering seriously, certainly.

Many thanks,

Randy
Bellingham/Seattle, WA