[Public-List] Leading lines aft

gregr at nethere.com gregr at nethere.com
Mon Mar 22 20:55:03 PDT 2010

As part of leading my lines aft I need to buy new lines. Is there anywhere
on
the site that talks to the expected loads or suggested line strengths? Ayla
was built in 1964. Any idea what I will need to change to use an all rope
main halyard? I saw Jay's page but his boat is #560... Are there any rope
clutches that folks really like or hate?

Greg

S/V Ayla

P.S. As for removing bolts/nuts without a helping hand: Vise-Grips work
provided you've alienated ALL of your friends or you're a nut, such as
myself, and work on things till midnight or later. Don't expect to reuse
the nut/bolt that was clamped. Be sure to wrap the grip with something that
will not damage the hull/bulkhead that it will come to rest against. Some
cardboard or a thick towel for the nut and Vise-Grips to land on is also
suggested. If nothing else the exercise will remind you of why one always
buys really good beer for the helpers...