[Public-List] Drilling Holes...

Rod Symmes weatherhelm at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 06:16:14 PDT 2010

Greg;
Sorry for the delay - life has been so crazy I haven't even found time to get the boat ready for launch [grrrrr]
Other opinions may vary but my fear is that when you cut through even solid fibreglass you expose the cut ends of fibres to water and if those fibres were not completely wetted with resin, the water will migrate along the fibre, pick up chemicals, and create an acidic soup.
Yes, I would sleep better after just "painting" the cut edge with epoxy to seal the fibres.

Cheers,   Rod