[Public-List] Drilling Holes...

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Wed May 5 07:26:09 PDT 2010

I agree, for any through hull below the water it is prudent to coat the cut
edge with a thin epoxy resin to coat the fibers, let it cure and bed the new
fitting with your favorite bedding compound. I use Sikkens adhesive
polyurethane calks, others prefer 3M.

All should be bedded a week before launching.

A belt and suspenders approach for a belt and suspenders boat.

Best

John