[Public-List] Securing Fuel Tank

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Tue May 11 09:54:20 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:20:45AM -0400, Arthur Chotin wrote:
> Just had my A-30 (#178) surveyed and they have required that the fuel
> tank be secured. My fuel tank (part of a group purchase a number of
> years ago) is in the lazarette. How have any of you handled this problem?

Mine isn't in the lazarette, but it's held in place with copper
strapping isolated (electrically) from the tank by neoprene foam tape
(which looks to have been about 3/16" thick before getting compressed by
the straps. I like the sound of nylon webbing better though.

-Kris

--
Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/