[Public-List] Atomic 4 Burning oil

Bill Spires spiresac at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 15:08:29 PST 2010

Hello James,

Oil smoke is dirty white and gas smoke is black.  Do you seem to have more white
or black smoke?  I have had oil burning engines stop smoking and using oil after
an oil change and running them hard for a few days.  I think the Marvel Mystery
oil might be part of the problem because it may have thinned the oil.  (keep
checking the oil level if you try this because one reason they stop smoking is
because they are out of oil)    Try a dry and then wet compression test if you
want to know where you are.  You may have a carb problem.  Figure out if you are
smoking gas or oil but it does sound like oil.

Capt. Bill