[Public-List] Marisel #385

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Tue Apr 12 06:34:39 PDT 2011

> Mahseer,
> Have explored locating a water tank beneath the cabin sole?

No I kept the water tank under the V berth.  However I did remove the
cabin sole and re configured the area to house my 4 6volt house batteries
and starter battery. You can view this at
www.alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/batterybox.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 6:54 AM, <mahseer at kos.net> wrote:
>> So many difficult ways to solve a simple problem.  First don't remove the
>> cutlass bearing house and stern tube unless absolutely necessary,
resealing the tube is not simple.  To solve the ID/OD problem of stern
tube, ten years ago on 380 I pushed on a section of clear hose with
(embedded cord type) over the tube and then on top pushed on the
regular
>> stuffing box hose double clamped, job complete time 10 mins.
>> John Boor
>> #380 MAHSEER
>> > I cut out the old bronze shaft tube and refitted with a piece of G10
fiberglass shaft tube. 1-3/4 " O.D. with I.D. of 1-1/2" which nicely
accomodates a 1-1/2" cutlass bearing. The tube is glassed into the
old
>> > cleaned and scoured shaft alley. On goes the  stuffing box in goes
the
>> > shaft, coupling ect.
>> > Joe B
>> colour
>> laminates,
>> is
>> and
>> epoxy
(including gasoline) have been spilled in quantity.
>> for
>> design.
>> and
>> on
>> into
I plan on taking it to the green but not sure about the black? The
Clearly the Tan Bark was added as it is failing and looks like -
I will send pic later --