[Public-List] mast weight

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Thu Jul 28 13:20:50 PDT 2011

CB,

I like your keep it simple approach.  Instead of catching the mast though,
how about just putting a few air mattresses (inflated, of course) on the
deck.  The mast might bounce a few times so "pushers" could be stationed
outboard of the mattresses to insure "bounce backs" stay on the centerline.

Best,

Roger 148

PS - is it really necessary to cut the headstay each time?