[Public-List] Primer?

Chuck Stein cwstein1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 9 14:47:05 PST 2011

Have you had any problem with the outdoor alkyd enamel adhering directly to
the fiberglass?  We do not have a liner so we will be painting the inside of
the hull and the bottom of the decks directly.  Our paint is peeling badly
(the boat sat unused for 6 years) so we are scraping it, sanding it, and we
plan to prime it with something like Kilz and then put one or two coats of
enamel on that.  Is that necessary, or would you recommend that we go
directly with the enamel.  Also, Interlux enamel is more than outdoor house
enamel, but in the whole scope of things it isn't that much more.  What do
you think?
Chuck Stein
156