[Public-List] Mast Sheave Washers

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 05:07:12 PDT 2012

No, but I installed an 'aftermarket' aluminum sheave that was a group
purchase a few years back. I don't recall washers or spacers with the
original resinated fiber sheave. On mine, the (original) sides of the
sheave were pretty chewed up-from jumping off quite a few times.
If it does jump off, the sooner you stop pulling on the halyard, the easier
it will be to get it back on track, once you bow to the inevetable and take
the bosun chair ride, btw.
MichaelGrosh