[Public-List] new sail

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Mon Jun 11 11:35:01 PDT 2012

      From the advice given, re-cutting an old sail is not a good idea.
Bacon has quoted $1,495 and Ullman  $2,364. Apparently sailmakers have
the class specs in their computers, but do I need to tell them cloth
weight, cloth maker, draft, draft placement, foot length, and other
specifications?

     I am 78 years old and will be cruising purely on Chesapeake Bay in
moderate conditions, at least as far as I can predict, but would like
longevity -

     My old sail has modest length battens and two rows of reef points
(which I rarely use.)

     Any recommendations?

  - Gordon White, /Brigadoon II/