[Public-List] going solo

David Tessier dfjtessier at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:22:32 PDT 2012

Great thread on solo sailing.

Jackline (UT) strength: A couple of years ago, I came upon an official New Zealand recommendation which I seem to recall was 3,000 lbs (or was it kilograms!!).  Of course I cannot seem to find the recommendation now.

Jackline stretch:
Stretchiness enables energy absorption, which is helpful with a falling shock load from a weighty sailor's body, though too stretch, has issues with greater amplitude of oscillation!

Stanchions:  Stanchions strike me as a possible source of puncture wounds for a falling sailor's body...

David #319