[Public-List] ideal Asymetrical spinnaker size

Bill Wallace wayfarer3134 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 14:19:31 PDT 2012

I sewed myself a nylon drifter this winter - total cost about $250.  No idea how well it will fly, but total work wasn't that high - about 40 hours total.  I got it raised just before hauling the boat in the fall, but I didn't have time to take the boat out with it since I was lowering that mast about 15 minutes later.  I used sailcad to design it, and the cloth is just ripstop nylon from a  sewing store - usually if you buy the rest of the roll you get some amount of discount so I think I was paying around $6/metre.

Bill