[Public-List] Topping lifts

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Mar 25 18:08:14 PDT 2012

We've got SURPRISE's lift rigged the same way yours is.  I like this because
the lift can be adjusted whatever point of sail the yacht is on... This is
important when reefing.   A lift rigged this way is also an emergency main
halyard - we've used it once in a race when the regular halyard pulled it's
nicropress.  We yanked the sail down, changed to the lift then hauled it
back up so quickly most of our competitors didn't notice we'd had a problem.

Gord #426 Surprise