[Public-List] Teak inlays?

Mel Martin mel.martin at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 6 13:05:13 PDT 2012

Mine were shot too, but I like the look of teak so much that I bought a
massive board, had a friend mill it and replaced the hatch cover, about 50%
of the cockpit locker lids, lazarette, and (GASP!) even the cockpit sole. It
wasn't exactly cheap, nor was it easy, but not that hard either, and it
looks frickin' great IMHO. I used polysulfide as stickum, and it hasn't
lifted yet, but in hindsight I would've chosen a different sealant. Here's a
couple of pics of the work in progress... I'll see if I can dig up some more
photos and post them to Flikr for you.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/72032026@N08/7945383148/in/photostream/

mel