[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 2545, Issue 1

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Apr 5 12:13:57 PDT 2013

Interesting. I guess I'll go pick up that issue.
But perhaps my question should have been: how do they compare
to Micron CSC, which has proved pretty good, at least here
in the Pacific North West.

Thanks,

Stephen

> Practical Sailor has an on-going test of bottom paints. They published an
> update in the March 2013 issue. The only water-based paint that made the
> 'recommended' list was Pettit's Hydrocoat SR. It is a water-based
> multi-season ablative paint but still contains 40% copper and it contains a
> bio-booster called NCN (cyclopopyl, dimethylethyl; methylthio, triazine,
> diamine). After 15 months in warm Florida waters its rating was 'good'. No
> other paints at 15 months received a higher rating than 'good'. At 26 months
> (30 paints tested) no ablative paint received a higher rating than 'fair.
> Only 2 (out of 25) hard paints received a 'good' at 26 months (Copper PRO
> SXC 67 Hard by Blue Water and Trinidad by Pettit) neither is water-based.
>
> Hope this helps

Stephen Gwyn                       | Tel: 1-250-363-3136
Canadian Astronomical Data Centre  | Fax: 1-250-363-0045
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics | Cell: 1-250-885-6969
5071 West Saanich Road             | E-mail: Stephen.Gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria, BC, V9E 2E7, Canada      | http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/