[Public-List] Anchor windlass question

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Feb 22 05:50:32 PST 2013

We've got a manual windlass and all chain anchor cable in SURPRISE... For
the past several years we've been washing the chain with a bucket, which
works, but is a little awkward.  I'm planning on a wash pump set up but
haven't scoped out the way to do it yet.

John, you're at National, aren't you?  May I meet you there some time when
I'm in the city for the Navy and see your set up?

The bronze windlass mentioned below may not be old - it sounds like the ones
that were being imported by ABI, a now defunct American distributor of
Oriental bronze gear.

If anyone is interested I can sent photos of SURPRISE's foredeck with her
windlass and anchor roller set up.  We've got 200' of 5/16" BBB chain up
forward.

Gord #426 Surprise