[Public-List] Rudder Post Bearing

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jan 15 18:33:01 PST 2013

The older boats don't have a rudder post stuffing box. Instead they have
a fiberglass tube that rises up to the cockpit sole, above the water line.

You may find
http://lists.alberg30.org/pipermail/public-list-alberg30.org/2010-May/028751.html
helpful. I've also heard of wrapping teflon sheet around the rudder post
to take up the space and block most of the water.

I don't have personal experience with these rudder posts.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org