[Public-List] Swageless ID

David Van Denburgh denburgh at andrews.edu
Tue Jul 23 13:57:56 PDT 2013

Gord,

Thanks for the reply. I did a quick check online of the Norseman fittings, and they are similar. Norseman fittings don't have a set nut, however. Suncor fittings do, but they have a core/cone that fits over all of the strands, whereas the Noresman has the outer stands over the core.

 Essentially, my fittings look like Suncor, but fasten like StaLok and Norseman. I suspect that they're some off-brand Chinese parts that someone got a good deal on several years ago. Who knows?! I'd like to find inner cones that would work with them because I'm not too keen to spend extra money for new fittings. We shall see.

Thanks for the input. If anyone has leads, please let me know.

David

Gord said:

Hello David -

Suncor's fittings are similar to the Danish Blue Wave fittings - they use
three hardened steel cones exterior to the wire.  Your fittings seem to have
internal cones (roughly fitted) so are in the StaLok/Norseman family.  I'd
guess they're older Norseman's, judging from the slimmer upper fitting.

Just a guess.

Gord #426 Surprise