[Public-List] Insulating the icebox

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:30:34 PDT 2013

   All of which brings up the puzzling location of the icebox in the first
place--  right next to the engine. Not the best location, surely.

   One might also bear in mind the advantage to top-opening icebox doors--
that precious cold air doesn't spill out as happens so quickly with a
front-opening door.

   We've resorted to a regular cooler with a block of ice in the v berth
and use the icebox for dry goods storage (well, and wine). Depending on the
weather, the ice lasts 3-5 days.

   Regards,

Randy Katz
Bellingham/Seattle