[Public-List] Mast beam

ilhelms at comcast.net ilhelms at comcast.net
Thu May 30 14:06:46 PDT 2013

Bill,
You may have two issues to deal with. First there is balsa core under the mast step that's wet. On my boat #562, I had to cut out the outer layer of glass at the mast step, dig out the wet core, replace core with plywood and replace mast step. The second issue is on some boats there is nothing between the liner and hull in the area below the main bulkhead and you could be getting some sagging of the liner there.

Lanny
s/v Windswept

Mobile (301) 922-2092