[Public-List] New furler needed, recommendations? Get a Schaeffer - period, full stop ; )

Michael Grosh via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Dec 10 18:36:05 PST 2014

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see difficulty in adjusting the
headstay as a deal breaker. Once it's set up, headstay tension is adjusted
with the backstay. I don't think I ever mess with the forestay turnbuckle
on my hank on rig once I get the mast up.
I can see the usefulness of self furling on larger rigs dealing with larger
square footage headsails; but there are some advantages to small. Right?
My son in law had to replace a foil section that got damaged in winter
storage on his 27 footer. Boogers are delicate when not in the air.
I bare boated a 39 footer once that had self furling and was told not to
reef more than 3 turns-more than that and the point load subjected the foil
to kinking. That was long ago though, perhaps the technology has changed.
MichaelGrosh
On Dec 10, 2014 2:47 PM, "John Birch via Public-List" <