[Public-List] Inside Cabin - Brown Gue and Mold

Michael via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Dec 18 18:07:56 PST 2014

I get that brown goo on my preliner boat also. I can buy what George
says-it's water based, and not related to anything structural, but the
masonite core on mine is different than the balsa on yours.
Anyway, painting the deck (stopping the porosity of the aging gelcoat)
went a long way to reducing goo on the interior. It took a while though.
It's a long term process, but sanding and painting the interior keeps it
under control. It wipes off of fresh paint.
Michael Grosh