[Public-List] Crack in the keel.

Greg Dawson via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Oct 9 12:35:09 PDT 2014

Dear all.

We just bought our boat this year as a project and yesterday she came out of the water, today whilst working on her I noticed a hairline crack down the centre of the keel where it rises to meet the bow where the two halves of the hull would meet, also there is a small amount of water draining from the keel towards the stern, should we be worried or is this common with old Albergs from the 60's ? should I be looking at a repair and if so what?

Has anyone else encountered this & what did you do?

Thanks Greg.