[Public-List] Crack in the keel.

Glenn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Oct 9 12:57:01 PDT 2014

Greg,

Never heard of that before , but others may have some insight.

One additional thing to know is does your fiberglass hull around the bottom of the keel bulge outwards at all?  I have heard that it is possible for salt water to penetrate into the iron keel casting and rust, causing the FG hull portion to expand and crack.  Can't imagine the cutaway slopping up to the stem would crack though, even if the keel was rusting.

Other good to know info would be the length of the crack, and where exactly does the water seep out of the keel? And are there any dead sounding spots around the crack if you tap the hull with a hammer?  Dead sounds would indicate serious/noticeable hull delamination- again almost unheard of in Albergs.

Glenn
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPhone