[Public-List] Teak Finishing

Mike Lehman via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Oct 13 06:01:29 PDT 2014

I was at the Annapolis boat show yesterday and saw a wood finishing product by AWLGRIP called AWLWOOD MA. I have heard about this product before and understand that it has been used in Europe for several years with great success. It is a 2 step process...primer (1-coat) and finish top-coat (8 coats, either gloss or matt finish). It claims to be a multi-year (5 year) finish and indefinite finish with maintenance coats. It claims to have very high UV protection; it is crystal clear non- yellowing; and have very high abrasion resistance. The boat at the show that had the finish was Tempus Fugit a beautiful 90 footer with a wooden hull that was available for a mere $5.5M.

Has anyone used this product?