[Public-List] Buyer beware!!

Glenn Brooks via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Oct 12 09:43:00 PDT 2014

Greg,

A lot of work ahead no doubt.  But it is rewarding as you finish up each project and move closer to making the boat seaworthy and putting it back in the water. One thing you may wish to consider adding to your list is replacing the engine mounts, and cleaning and repainting the engine and bilge.  Makes a world of difference in your repair and maintenance efforts latter, when you are looking at a clean and sparkling new engine room.  Also, I just finished pulling my engine and rebuilding the transmission this summer.  I was a bit surprised when I found two of the engine mounts corroded and in need of repair.  Actually I couldn't re align the engine properly until I put new mounts in place, due to bad threads on the jack screws and improperly stressed and distorted rubber bushings from 30 years of use.

Regards,
Glenn B,
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad