[Public-List] Motor Replacement continued

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Aug 21 15:17:14 PDT 2015

A marine engine restorer in Toronto told me the two-cylinder models were
once called 'Nagasaki Knockers' connecting the sound with the place they're
built.  He also said they're good engines.

Just back from a bittersweet session salvaging cabin cabinetry from a
Folkboat that is facing being cut up at a friend's boat yard.  The poor old
boat, which once belonged to a dear friend of mine, was brought to the yard
for restoration.  The owner blanched at the cost and abandoned her.  She's
really in dreadful condition and even when new, was an odd version of her
type so she's at the end of the road.

Well parts of her will live on in my Folkboat...and her old folding table
will go aboard SURPRISE.

Gord #426 Surprise