[Public-List] re ice box insulation

Ryan Martin via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Feb 6 14:36:55 PST 2015

 On Reverie US 21 I have done a lot of work, and ripping out the side loading ice box and glassing over the hatch on the bridge deck is one of the best things ever.I can now get things in and out of that space out board of where it used to be by cutting access holes in the fore and aft bulkhead where the shelves are.It no longer leaks when it rains so now the bilge stays dry.There is good access to the engine now via a removable panel and floor.On a boat this size its like an addition to a house.Still haven't decided on a drop in fridge yet,gotta do some electric work first.Oh and I saved all that solid mahogany and used it to trim out the new space,and the bulkhead next to the engine turns into,after some jigsaw work turns into extra steps for when the companion way stairs  are off