[Public-List] Electric Drive

Richard Mair via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Jul 7 17:06:59 PDT 2015

We have an electric drive on 609 Into The Blue. We absolutely love it. We
have the Electric Yacht 100ibl.
This is actually smaller than the recommended system for our displacement
but it works great. On the advice of the electric forum we went to a 3
blade prop.
Running a 3 blade 13 by 12 we can do 3.3 knots with only 16 amp draw at 48
volt system. 200 amp hours gives us 5 hours run to 50% discharge. The
current draw goes up against current. Now that we are day sailing it is
really nice to be able to start and end trips with no noise and vibration.
The drawback is range if you are in a hurry but we extended that with a
Honda generator when coming up the St.Lawrence in 2013.
Willing to answer any questions you may have. Would never go back to a
diesel.
On Jul 6, 2015 10:19 AM, "Andrew Johns via Public-List" <